Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

I HAVE A 2000 C240 THAT IS BLOWING SMOKE SOMETIMES. REMOVED

Customer Question

Customer: GOOD MORNING...I HAVE A 2000 C240 THAT IS BLOWING SMOKE SOMETIMES. REMOVED RIGHT TOP VALVE COVER AND FOUND OIL PUDDLE UP IN THE BACK OF THE UPPER V/C AREA.....
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: OCCAISIONALLY WILL BLOW A LOT OF SMOKE.....ESPECIALLY WHEN ON AN INCLINE
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercedes Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I AM A TECH (NISSAN) AND NEED TO GET BACK TO WORK....WILL TRY LATER
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing to do here if this hasnt been done already is check and make sure the engine oil level isnt over full.If the engine oil level is over full this will cause excess oil to enter the cylinders and can burn off causing the smoke here.If there is any gummed up restrictions in the drains in the cylinder head this will cause oil to load up in the top of the cylinder head and cause this issue and the engine would need cleaned or gum removed from it to correct this here.

If these are all o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete