Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

2002 mercedes instrument cluster shows outside temperature

Customer Question

2002 mercedes instrument cluster shows outside temperature at -36 all the time regardless of outside temp. swapped cluster and sensor in front bumper no change in status. Whats next.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 11 months ago.

Good morning, my name is ***** *****° is the default reading if there is no connection to the ambient temperature sensor. If you have replaced the sensor and the cluster the only thing left is the wiring harness. You will need to ohm out the harness to check for a break in the harness. A battery reset may get the temperature reading working. Disconnect both battery cables and join the two cables together for a few minutes then reconnect them to the battery and see if the gauge starts to read after a long road test. If you have no success you will need to check the wire harness.

Let me know if you have any questions. Please click on a rating for my answer as this is the only way that I receive credit from the website for helping you.

Marty

Expert:  Marty replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm just following up with you on this question. Do you need anymore help with this?