Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

My audio sys displays" drive unavailable" when I try to play

Customer Question

My audio sys displays " drive unavailable " when I try to play a cd or radio stations , I'm thinking there is a cd in the changer that cannot come out. It is a MB 350 SlK '09
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I suspect this may be "device unavailable" that is coming up.Usually this indicates a fault with one of the audio components connected to the radio/command unit itself causing this issue here.This can be a fault with the cd changer as this is most common.What you can try is to unplug the power connection to the cd changer for about 5 minutes then reconnect the connector to reset it.If this doesnt work then the cd changer will need replaced.I would also have the fault codes checked in the audio system components to see what codes are set as this will help pinpoint the cause as well.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete