Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Can a po300code be a sign the converter is bad

Customer Question

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** is a random cylinder misfire code. A plugged catalytic converter will typically give you the P0300 code but it will also give three other misfire codes depending whether the left side or right converter is plugged.

Let me know if you have any questions. Please click on a rating for my answer as this is the only way that I receive credit from the website for helping you.

Marty

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK the car is okay in park or neutral but in drive start to idle rough I replaced plugs cleaned coils and no signs of vaccume leaks I may have a exhaust leak I'm currently checking the fuel injectors
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Bad plug wires or a faulty coil can cause the problem. Low engine compression could also cause the problem. Injectors can also cause the problem but they don't fail very often.

Let me know if you need anything else. Please click on a rating for my answer as this is the only way that I receive credit from the website for helping you.

Marty

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm just following up with you on this question. Do you need anymore help with this?