Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

I actually have two issues. The simple one is that I 't seem

Customer Question

Customer: I actually have two issues. The simple one is that I don't seem to be able to get the battery compartment out of the SmartKey to change the lithium batteries. the owner's manual tells me to push something grey and it will pop out. ain't happening. The other issue is that I'm getting a message that I'm due for an F-service in 25-days. (no mention of ***** *****. Just days). I can't seem to find out what an F-service entails. Incidentally. I have a 2006 CLS500 with approx. 137,000 ***** *****.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: just sent it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercedes Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Approx. how long?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The F service varies depending on what has been done already for servicing in the past,mileage on the vehicle and time driven.This is usually an extensive service in most cases costing over $1000 to have serviced.I can try and walk you through the check to see if I can look up exactly what needs serviced on your model here if you want.It usually involves pressing some buttons in your vehicle and then I can look it up from there.Let me know if you want to do this.

Check and see if the key/battery cover/tray is damaged on the end of the key as this can cause this issue here.If the key appears to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete