Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I have a Mercedes s500, 2000, with 236,000 miles. heat only

Customer Question

I have a Mercedes s500, 2000, with 236,000 miles. heat only works sometimes, blower sounds fin when it works, but it doesn't work all the time. It's getting to be winter and I can't take a chance that I won't have heat or defrost....
signed-cold in Wisconsin
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to determine why you are not getting heat you are going to need to do some testing starting with making sure the engine is reaching normal temp. I have enclosed the steps in the link below, copy and paste them to your browser to open and view them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Heater%20Dec%2020.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi:The heat works at times and heats beautifully. The problem is that the blower won't come on at times no matter where the temp is set. After fiddling with the switches (Pushing the DEF and BUTTON below it simitlateaously, it often will restart. I had read something about this in one of your blogs and thought you could help me. I think it is the blower motor or control unit? Thoughts?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

I have enclosed the blower motor circuit test in the link below. Have a look and post back if you have more questions and or need more help.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Blower%20motor%20Dec%2020.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will check this in the next few days. Thank you.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay Im here if you need me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was never able to use these links. NOW when I'm ready after paying money, are you telling me that I cannot read what you sent? SHOCKING.
Please re send the links or I will immediately
get the State of Wisconsin Consumer Protection involved.
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello, sir I did not see where anyone has responded to your message, are you still needing help? I can assist if you do. please let me know, Lou.