MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

My 2003 clk 500 wont turn over but all the lights, window,

Customer Question

My 2003 clk 500 wont turn over but all the lights, window, radio, ect. Works
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-n3f1w267- replied 11 months ago.

have you tried it with an other key? How is the battery doin?

On those cars you need a good battery voltage so the computers get all the necessary power to start it up. Do you hear a click at the front or nothing at all?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I do here a click in the relay box under the hood. The remove the key reminder comes on while the key is in the ignition. Other things have been occurring like my windshield wipers stay on while the cars on, the drivers side headlight blinks on and off then stays off, blinker bulb is good but will not illuminate, and more. I just replaced the battery so I can eliminate that. What do you think?

Ok, the next thing to do is scan the vehicle , you need to scan the SAM ( signal and acquisition module ) which is the brain of all the electrical circuit in the car. There's one in the front and one in the back . I had issues in the past with those module . There's must be something wrong with one of them. Sometimes just by erasing the faults , it can help . if you can tell me what are those errors code it will help me to do a proper diagnosis ! Can you have access to a scan tool?