Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I have the same problem..except at random times it

Customer Question

hi michael i have the same problem..except at random times it works...when it doesnt work i cant hear the fuel pump. turn on....i dont know if the fuel pump was baf it wouldnt turn on at all ever...
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 11 months ago.

Hi, sorry for the wait it looks like Michael is not online. My name is***** you describe in detail the problem that you are having?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i have a mbz c230 2004 and out of the nowhere it stopped working..it cranks but doesnt turn on(and the fuel pump doesnt.make a sound)then at random times maybe 2-3 times a week it works...when u turn the key switch u can hear the fuel pump work..... ucan turn off the car off and on drive it..then it stops again..and doesnt work....u think is a relay?fuel pump?
Expert:  Marty replied 11 months ago.

Hi, it could be a bad pump or relay. You will need to test the voltage to the pump when it doesn't turn on. If you have battery voltage to the fuel pump when cranking the motor and there is no fuel pressure you will need to replace the fuel pump. If you have no battery voltage I would replace the relay. I've also seen the rear SAM cause the problem of no fuel pump operation on the C class. The SAM is the rear fuse and relay box in the trunk.

Expert:  Marty replied 11 months ago.

Let me know if you need anything else. Please click on a rating for my answer as this is the only way that I receive credit from the website for helping you.

Marty