Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

My s430 2000 model radio come on but no sound just sies if

Customer Question

My s430 2000 model radio come on but no sound just hisies if that sounds right could it be the amp it has the Bose system
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** there is no sound from the radio or the CD player the fault will be with the amplifier. Fuse 66 in the trunk powers the module. You should remove and inspect the fuse and check the connections at the amplifier. If the fuse and connections are good you will need to replace the amplifier. The amplifier is located in the left side of the trunk. I've attached a picture below.

Let me know if you need anything else. Please click on a rating for my answer as this is the only way that I receive credit from the website for helping you.

Marty

Expert:  Marty replied 11 months ago.

Sorry, fuse 66 is in the rear fuse box located below the passenger side rear seat cushion. The fuses are accessed by removing the foot well light.

Marty