Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I have a 2007 r350 mercedes and when i drive the yellow

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2007 r350 mercedes and when i drive the yellow triangle appears and i cannot go over 50mph..is this a tire issue?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** will be a tire or a wheel speed sensor issue. If all of the tires are the correct size the fault will be with one of the wheel speed sensors. If a sensor reports an erroneous reading it will trigger the warning light and limit the speed. There are some other sensors in the system that could cause the problem but the wheel speed sensors are the most common. If front wheel bearing work was recently performed and the front wheel bearings were replaced incorrectly it could also cause this problem. You should get the car connected to a Mercedes diagnostic tester to read out the fault codes in the traction control system. The fault codes will point to the specific area of the problem.

Let me know if you have any questions. Please click on a rating for my answer as this is the only way that I receive credit from the website for helping you.

Marty