Eurocar Inc
Eurocar Inc, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  master tech benz ase cerified L1 and L2
19871424

I'm getting two codes on my 2012 GL350. It has the 3 litre

Customer Question

Hey there. I'm getting two codes on my 2012 GL350. It has the 3 litre diesel motor. Here are the two codes: P20e8:35 and the other P20be. We can't find any info on these. Any ideas? Add blue tank is full.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Eurocar Inc replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

Hello on your GL . there are 2 issues first is the adblue pump has an issue and the tank heater has a reistance issue. it really looks like the tank heater and the pump is your issue!! the good thing is both pieces are on top of each other so labor will not be that bad. diagnosis is key to verify both pieces are bad. i have had the pump and then heater go bad..

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for the reply. I just bought the GL used at a dealer auction. The add blue was almost bone dry when we got it. It has 128 000km on it. I've had the codes cleared and about an hour later the check engine light comes back on. The same codes are displayed. I also had two other codes show. P1088 - "signal from camshaft hall sensor is faulty" and P1461- control deviation is too large. We replaced the cam sensor and I continue to get the code. On a cold start the engine runs a little rough for about a second. That might be throwing the code? Could those codes be tied to the ad Blu issue?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Here's a screen shot of the codes.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The motor seems to sound like it's running fine. There's lots of power and the fuel mileage is excellent. No other codes or lights on.

i have to look at the other 2 codes on this . sounds like a wiring issue . i do need the vin # ***** look up the factory repair information

thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Here's the VIN: 4JGBF2FE4CA7884683

ok i do need the 6 digit fault codes instead the p codes because the p codes are not correlated correctly to exactly what is the correct fault code.

what scan tool are you using please ? make and model

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry for the super late reply. I've been gone for 3 months. Any how the code reader software is Giotto... Formerly auto enginuity.
Expert:  Eurocar Inc replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer .

Ok you have to replace the adblue heater for the reductant tank first then recheck

Anything else?