FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE DIESEL/AUTOMOTIVE
1627031

My 2011 gl450 sensor light on dash lights up as if something

Customer Question

Customer: My 2011 gl450 sensor light on dash lights up as if something is in front of driver side bumper, collision warning, but i could be just parked in an empty parking lot!
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: No damage to sensors, in the front bumper, so I am not sure why it acts as if I am too close to an object by the front driver side
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercedes Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** for the question. Most of the time this is caused by a bad sensor or a bad connection at the sensor. Many times the pigtail connection at the sensor needs to be replaced to fix this. In other cases it is the sensor itself. Were you planning on trying to repair this yourself?