Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs.
7276279

Sorry question: Just bought a CPO 2013 E350 Coupe. The only

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, Sorry for the long question: Just bought a CPO 2013 E350 Coupe. The only service record is this year, Mercedes oil change, etc at 12,000 ***** *****. (Dealer lied about a service at 4,500 ***** ***** which I now learned was not an oil change, but putting on a star). I am a little concerned that the oil was never changed before. Why? Because the stupid salesman told me a story about a car they recently got in from NY (my car is from NY), that had no oil, or little oil upon arrival (oil light was not on according to mechanic who happened to be walking by, and oil barely registered on dip stick. I noticed that when I check the oil, it sometimes does not register at first, but second time I put dip stick in I get a good reading). My car shows some signs of neglect, windshield has fine scratchs from never changing the blades (they are replacing the windshield no charge), and drivers window has a big scratch, like a rock was caught in it (they are also replacing that). I took a look inside the oil filler cap, and no signs of sludge. Car has not burned any oil in past 2,500 ***** *****. Engine feels strong. At idle there is very light tapping noise, that I assume is normal? I found the previous owner and trying to make contact. Is there anything I can or should do? ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: You got plenty of details there.....
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercedes Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes, thanks.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

After reading your post there is one thing I would recommend you do since you do not know the complete service history. The one thing I would do if it where me is to have an engine oil system flush done. Its not very expensive to do and works very well in cleaning up any possible sludge build up in the engine.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** just wrote to MBUSA, as I now fear that I could have warranty service problems if I go to anyone except my local dealer, the one who sold me the car CPO. Don't know if you have any insight into this, but does the CPO status basically 're-set' the warranty? Or if there is engine damage, for instance, most dealers would deny coverage when they see a lack of service records? Thanks.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

You are correct, most dealers would deny coverage when they see a lack of service records? Are you able to come up with any records?