Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

2007 c230 AMG error code from AutoZone P0025 Exhaust

Customer Question

2007 c230 AMG error code from AutoZone P0025 Exhaust camshaft position timing - over retarded (Bank 2).
Can I change this, cost and where is it located? Thank you for your help.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** fault code is typically caused by bad camshaft adjuster solenoid. For this fault code you will need to replace the driver's side exhaust camshaft solenoid. The solenoid is screwed to the front of the cylinder head. You will need to move the power steering reservoir out of the way then remove the three screws and the electrical connector to replace the solenoid. The part number for the solenoid is 272 051 01 77. The solenoid is commonly referred to as a camshaft adjuster magnet. I've attached a picture of the location below.

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

I forgot to give you the price. The magnet retails for $30.

Let me know if you need anything else. Please click on a rating for my answer as this is the only way that I receive credit from the website for helping you.

Marty