Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

Can't shut off interior back right light

Customer Question

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Some of these lights have their own switch at the light itself that you press in to turn on and off.If you have already tried this and it is still stuck on I suspect the contacts in the light assembly itself are at fault and the light needs replaced.I have seen these contacts short out before requiring light replacement to correct this issue here.This will have to be tested further to verify this is the cause here but most likely is.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete