Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

Central locking system on my 2008 SL550 suddenly stopped

Customer Question

Customer: Central locking system on my 2008 SL550 suddenly stopped working, Remote key causes customary been when locking, but doors any trunk do not lock or unlock. Hoping it is just a fuse. Can you tell me where to locate the suspect fuse? ***** ***** Pomarlen
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When door locked with metal key, key fob will not open. Key fob will beep but doors do not physically lock.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercedes Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I'll be happy to pay if you can tell me where I can find the suspect fuse and if doors locks work after I replace it.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If this is only an issue with the remote not locking or unlocking the vehicle the first thing that needs done is to check and possibly replace the battery(ies) in the remote as this is usually the most common cause for locking/unlocking issues.If this was already done or is not what is occuring here with this let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete