Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

COULD YOU SHOW ME THE CORRECT TIMING ALLIGNMENT MARKS 272

Customer Question

Customer: HI ***** ME THE CORRECT TIMING ALLIGNMENT MARKS FOR THE 272 ENGINE(164) AND HOW TO RESET THE TIMING CHAIN TENTIONER
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I HAVE SOME BURNT VALVES SO I WOULD LIKE TO TAKE OF THE TOP CYLINDER HEADS AND INSPECT . I ALSO HAVE THE CODES-- CONSTANT ADVANCE ON BOTH INLET AND EXHAUST ON BOTH BANKS
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercedes Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: HOW LONG?.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 12 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

On some of the 272 model engines the balance shaft or gear would wear out prematurely needing replaced.I have seen this on several models in the past usually most common with the 2006 model years.If you can post the year and model ( I assume ML as you have 164 posted above) this will help just let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete