Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

My name is ***** ***** and I have a 2009 MB CLK350 and the

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** and I have a 2009 MB CLK350 and the CD and radio show as playing but no sound from the speakers.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The radio also said no satellite at the same time this all happened. I did come back on once but just briefly. But now it looks as it is playing a cd but no sound. Also no sou,d from the fm radio.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercedes Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: also wondering if this could be a fuse. But yes I will wait.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 11 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** likely this is caused by a bad amplifier. Fuse 26 in the fuse box at the end of the dash on the driver's side is for the amplifier. If the fuse is good you can try disconnecting the negative battery cable for 5 minutes to see if it will reset the system. If you have no luck you will need to get the car connected to a Mercedes tester to check the configuration of the MOST system for the audio. If the system configuration has been corrupted or if a module that communicates on the system has failed it can cause the problem. If all checks good you will need to replace the sounds system amplifier.

Let me know if you have any questions. Please click on a rating for my service as this is the only way that I receive credit from the website for helping you.

Marty