Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 23 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

ML 166 Year 2014 crank but will not start

Customer Question

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hi

can you tell me if this is the diesel or petrol engine?

also are there any fault messages or warning lights on the dash?

also when was the car last serviced and how many miles are on it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a petrol engine.
Airbag light is on the dash
Miles 7000 approx.
Let me tell you the history of the car.
The car was accidented, driver and knee airbag were deployed. I changed the driver airbag, knee airbag and the pyrofuse along with the airbag module and program along with online SCN coding. Now no fault with Xentry, but the car cranks and will not start.
The Inhibit of engine start by crash event Actual values "Not Active" in specified values "Active"
The fuel pump request from Motor Electronic "ME" is also not active.
I can actuate the Fuel pump in Actuation Menu which means that everything is good on this line.
On my side the crash event is prohibiting me to run the engine.
Please help.Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Ok thanks for the extra information

I'm sorry to say that I think you need to get the car plugged into a dealer level diagnostic device to re-instate the main ECU with the airbag controller as there are security measures from the factory to prevent a start after a crash

this isn't something that you can DIY as the code is provided by the factory

sorry its not better news

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.