Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs.
7276279

I own a 1996 sl 320 car was running fine then it would just

Customer Question

I own a 1996 sl 320 car was running fine then it would just not start then i changed the battery in the key fob and it started again . I was driving home then the vehicle started cutting out like it was losing fuel but i kept accelerating to keep it going . A check eng light came on with a po600 code . I tried starting today but the alarm kept flashing red and green and would not start can you help
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Mercedes released a service bulletin back then that dealt with the type of problem you are describing that my very well be the problem you are having. I have enclosed the bulletin in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Mer%20TSB%20DEc%2010.pdf

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Where is the ecm located ?
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Its located on the LH side of the engine compartment. See the link below for location.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/ECU%20Dec%2010.pdf

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i need to clean the plugs that go into the ecm and put back together and that should correct the problem ?
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Yes if this is the problem then that where you need to check. Unplug each plug and look for any signs of corrosion and or moisture.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will try that and get back to you, thanks very much
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Your very welcome and thank you as well. Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.