Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 23 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

My Mercedes 1986 300E usually starts the first time when

Customer Question

my Mercedes 1986 300E usually starts the first time when restarted and warmedup a little bit it won't restart it seems like it is flooded and I have to hold accelerator flat to the floor then it clears and starts to run then 2k down the road it slows up as if running out of fuel, sometimes stops altogether, the restart seems like its flooded again thanks
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Matt replied 12 months ago.

Hello

I'd agree that it sounds like its over fuelling

so the 1st thing to check is the fuel pressure at the fuel injection head as the running pressure with a warm engine should be about 5Bar and if its greater than this then I'd say the operation of the warm up regulator is at fault as this increases the fuel pressure when the engine is cold to provide the extra fuel required

the warm up regulator is lcoated very close to the fuel distributor

I'd suggest a read of this manual to familarise yourself with the operation of the system

this is for a Porche but very similat to your system

http://members.rennlist.org/vilhuer/K%20Jetronic%20Workshop%20Manual.pdf

Expert:  Matt replied 11 months ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.