Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

I need to know how to remove the rea bumper on a 2014 GL450.

Customer Question

Hi, I need to know how to remove the rea bumper on a 2014 GL450. Also need to know how to replace the chrome step plate on the bumper. Thanks.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I have uploaded the procedures for you in pdf file formate for easier downloading and printing

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Eric thanks. I managed to get as far as step 6.2. But how do I unclip the expansion rivets? I can't reach them from below the bumper...
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Have you tried to access them from removing the inner wheel well to see if you can access and remove them then.In some cases on some models I have had some success doing this.Let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've tried to go from the inside wheel well (by removing the side panels from the trunk) and I can see the tips of the clips pointing up but no easy way to remove them...
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Is there any way you can take one or more pictures of the clips and locations so I can see myself if there is an easier way.My pictures show the clips but they are not the greatest pictures.Usually you can upload the pictures here using the paper clip icon.

Let me know,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi I have a picture - but not sure how to attach it here. The "+ Add files" link doesn't work and I don't see a paper clip icon...
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
There we go - I managed to get it to work. This is from inside the left wheel well. You see the tips of the clips?