Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

My 190e 2.6 is driving me crazy. It sat a while before I got

Customer Question

My 190e 2.6 is driving me crazy. It sat a while before I got it. It ran enough to drive and had only slightly rough idle. Drained and refilled fuel. Ran good until I did full throttle while driving. Found cracked rubber on air meter to throttle valve. Replaced it and the tubes to/from icv. It ran a little worse. Air meter plate wasn't returning to closed by itself. Replaced with nice looking used item that returns to closed position. Now it starts, idle is low, engine dies with the slightest movement of throttle.
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm looking for expert Marty to answer this
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you have not had the fuel pressure tested this should be done.If there is low pressure this may be due to a restricted fuel filter or weak fuel pump.If you want I can post the info here on how to test this just let me know.If this has already been tested and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete