Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I have a 2006 mercedes benz 350 truck. when i start it, it

Customer Question

good morning! i have a 2006 mercedes benz 350 truck. when i start it , it shuts off. i have to press the unlock button on the alarm key at lest three times then start it a couple of times for it to start. now the check light engine is on about 2 days now. what could be the problem?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Can you clarify with the alarm remote. Are you talking about the factory Mercedes Benz key? Or do you have another alarm system installed ? And have you had the codes checked for the check engine light ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi! Yes the factory MB key. No I haven't had the codes checked.

Ok what I need you to check is to see if when this happens if the dash warning lights come on when the key is inserted and turned to the second click , these models had a issue with the ignition switch so it would not recognize the key being inserted. So that's the first thing we need to see. When you insert the key and then turn it to the second click it should initiate the warning light bulb check in the dashboard. If the dashboard does not light up leave the key turned on until the dash does light up and the vehicle should start. Let me know what you see it find and we can continue. Lou.