Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  35 years experience in the automotive and Lt truck repair business, owner Cardoctor LLC Guthrie, OK
36867192

I have a slk 230 2003, my alarm went off while the car was

Customer Question

Customer: I have a slk(###) ###-#### ***** alarm went off while the car was sitting in the garage. I couldn't stop it. It finally stopped on it's own.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My car was sitting in the garage, the alarm went off, I started the car, locked and unlocked the locks,turned the lights on and off, finally after a few minutes it stopped.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercedes Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 1 year ago.

Most likely the issue is a dead cell with in your vehicles battery, when surface voltage drops to less than 10 volts, it will trigger the alarm system, then the voltage is also too low to turn it off when the timer runs out. Please RATE my service a 3 or above, if for some reason you can not, Please ASK me another question, I will continue to answer your questions even after rating is given, until you are completely satisfied with my answers.