Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I have a cl550 2007 there was a puddle of hydrolic fluid

Customer Question

I have a cl550 2007 there was a puddle of hydrolic fluid under the driver side front Wheel. Looked into it and the Power Steering Pressure Hose was leaking. Bought one from eBay.. Bad idea. But that one started to leak as well. What my question is.. Could there be a bigger problem then the hose. Want to buy a oem from dealer but it's going to cost $450. Want to know of I should try the hose from the dealer or just take it to a mechanic. There is a 2 week wait for it to go in.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** ls very unlikely that anything else is wrong with the power steering. If the new hose is leaking it is most likely just a poorly made hose. Whenever replacing power steering hoses on Mercedes it is always best to use an original equipment hose.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm just following up with you on the Mercedes. Was my answer helpful?