Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs.
7276279

1992 500sel battery has power no power at key nothing

Customer Question

1992 500sel battery has power no power at key nothing happens when i try to start no clicking no dash lights nothing
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing you need to do is to make sure the battery is fully charged and has at least 12.5 volts in it and also make sure both cables are clean and tight so it can run the cars electrical system. Check this first and let me know the results and we can work from there .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Checked battery good cables good. I would think headlights should work since they have nothing to do with the key. I thought a fuseable link
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

I agree, if the battery is good and holding voltage the lights should come on, what is the battery voltage reading at the battery when you checked it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Driven
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Drivimg
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Im not sure what you response means?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cant typ
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay so what is your response?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My response is I was driving and could not type at 80mph. Battery was at 12.10 when I put volt meter on it