Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  35 years experience in the automotive and Lt truck repair business, owner Cardoctor LLC Guthrie, OK
36867192

I have a Mercedes E240 on which I just replaced the A/T

Customer Question

i have a Mercedes E240 on which I just replaced the A/T g/box.the car started first start after the repair and idled smoothly for about 8 minutes and then stopped and will not start again before at least 20 minutesbut then will remain idling again for a short time and cuts off again.during the cutoff period I checked for petrol supply and there was none from the pump outlet and the supply resumed again after the 20minutesinterruption
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 1 year ago.

i can help, I will send you the offer, there will be an additional charge for the phone call.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please let me have an indication of what could be the problem and its possible solution by mail
thanks

Most likely you have a fuel pump relay failure or a fuel pump failure a fuel pressure test would diagnose the problem, there should be a 2 second prime of the fuel system, then the fuel system should hold this pressure for no less than 10 minutes, if it doesn't the fuel pump check valve is failed, and the pump will have to be replaced, if all checks good, finally the fuel pump should produce no less than 45 psi while running. Please RATE my service a 3 or above, if for some reason you can not ,please ASK me another question, I will continue to answer your questions even after rating is given until you are completely satisfied with my answers.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In fact while waiting for a reply which was late to come I tried to replace the crank shaft sensor as I did have a similar problem of cut off engine in the past with a mazda 323 which was diagnosed by the local mazda representative and the problem was solved. I have been using the car for the last 3 days and it is just performing perfect so far. Thanks for your advice which unfortunately did not help much.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please credit back my pay pal a/c with the amounts paid.

I can only answer your questions based on the accuracy of your questions, You gave me every indication that you felt you were dealing with a fuel supply issue, I answered your questions, so you will still have to pay the site, if you don't rate my service at least a 3 I will not be paid for assisting you, but you will still have to pay the site.