Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

I have a 2004 mercedes SL500 that has recently been giving

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, I have a 2004 mercedes SL500 that has recently been giving me the red ABC drive carefully signal on the dash even when hitting a small bump and after approximately 1 minute after turning the car off a small amount of oil burps from the ABC reservoir
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: what would you like to know Nelson
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercedes Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

What will have to be done from here is to have the fault codes checked/read out of all computers to see what codes are set in each computer.Once this has been done any codes set in the suspension system computer will need to be diagnosed to locate and repair this fault here.I have seen faulty level sensors and damaged or worn suspension struts cause this issue needing replaced but this will need to have the fault codes checked first to see what is the cause here for sure.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete