Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

I have a CLK 320 I can not open the trunk it is jammed

Customer Question

I have a CLK 320 I can not open the trunk it is jammed closed. I think that something is jamming the mechanism How can I open it . When I try to open it, there is no sound from the solenoid. Also, I can not open the soft top because the protector in the trunk is not in place. Thanks
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

You should have a metal key blade in the end of your key (usually the key ring is part of the key blade) that can be removed from the electronic key and then that used to turn in the trunk cylinder (which may be hidden above the liscense plate area) and open the trunk this way.If the key blade does not rotate properly you may have to spray a small amount of lubricant into the cylinder hole then operate the key to open the trunk.Once opened check for anything jamming up the latch or trunk striker and move the trunk partition to where you need it to operate the soft top.

You may need a new trunk latch or release actuator as these can fail causing no release electronically like you see here.

If the key cylinder and key blade does not work to open it then this may require a lock smith to come out and open the trunk for you or drilling out the cylinder and replacing the cylinder and the latch to correct this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete