Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

Won Suh GL 450, 2010 model intake flap broken
, I took

Customer Question

Customer: Won Suh GL 450, 2010 model intake flap broken
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I took my car to the dealer for the intermittent starting issue. The deal found another problem, 0521, intake flap link broken, and =they quoted me 2700, for the intake manifold assembly.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercedes Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes sure,
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If the flap is broken and there is no rebuild kit for the intake on this model here from the dealer then unfortunately the intake manifold needs replaced to correct this here.It can be an expensive repair but in some cases you might be able to find one used and have a repair facility replace it for you for maybe less then half the cost the dealer wants.I know some could be repaired but most had to be replaced as it can be internal pieces in the intake that break and the only repair is replacement.

One place I use quite a bit for used parts is http://www.car-part.com.You might see if they have a used intake but first see if you can find a facility that will install it for you.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete