Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs.
7276279

My ABC light has come on again. Temp is under 28 degrees F.

Customer Question

My ABC light has come on again. Temp is under 28 degrees F. This will be the third time I will take the car into the shop to get this repaired. I will not do that again! The charge for this service is close to 8,000.00. This will be the second time I have put that much money into this issue. Last time [2nd] I had it worked on, I told them that I just spent eight thousand to fix this. Reply from mechanic was: you didn't tell us to fix this part. Come on. The question is, how do I get the red light turned off so I can read the rest of the messages, i.e. speed, use of gasoline mileage, etc.?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The ABS light is coming on because the ABS system is seeing a fault and until the fault is repaired the light can not be reset. In order to determine what is failing you are going to need to have the system scanned and the fault code and or codes retrieved. When you had it worked on before did they give you the fault code and or codes and if so can you post back with it . If I know what the fault code and or codes are I can help you determine the cause.