Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

On my 1996 Mercedes E320 ETS light came on. Please advise me

Customer Question

Customer: On my 1996 Mercedes E320 ETS light came on. Please advise me on repair.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I just started driving down the hill when ETS light came on.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercedes Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes I can wait.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

What will have to b e done here is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a scan tool/computer that will plug into your vehicle and read all computers.There are several sensors and components that can cause an issue here turning on this light.This can be a fault with a speed sensor or wheel speed sensor as well as brake switch or a number of different sensors and components.Having the fault codes checked will help.Make sure this is done using a scan tool or computer that communicates with all computers in your vehicle.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete