Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

I have just get a new battery mercedes benz ml320 bluetec

Customer Question

I have just get a new battery for my mercedes benz ml320 bluetec 2009 and my audio/cd wont have any sound is there requirement to activate the sound. On my previous MB SUV ml320 2002 a code is required (my SUV vin # ***** : Tony S
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the radio is coming on and operating properly as well as all other audio/radio functions and the only fault is no sound this doesnt need a code to reset this issue here.This sounds like a fault with the sound amplifier.In some cases it can lock up or fail to come out of "sleep mode".To see if you can resolve this without any major diagnosing and repair locate the fuse for the sound amplifier and remove it for 5 minutes then reinstall the fuse.If this doesnt work let me know.If you need info on the fuses location let me know as well.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete