Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

Rear windows after locking hardtop on slk 320 does not go

Customer Question

Rear windows after locking hardtop on slk 320 does not go up. Checked fuses fine. Should I dsconnect battery for relay reset?
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is anyone there? Please respond ASAP. Thanks
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be a fault with a roof position switch/micro switch causing this issue here.I have seen micro switch failure in the past before cause issues like this here with the affected micro switch needing replaced.When the top locks usually the latch micro switch sends a signal that the top is secured.If this switch has failed to do this (as it may need replaced as this is most common) this fault here can occur.

You will need to have the micro switch signals checked using a compatible scan tool or dealers sds machine that can communicate with the roof control unit to locate if and which micro switch is at fault needing replaced.This sounds to be a fault with the final lock/latch switch itself needing replaced but this will need checked to locate which is the cause here for sure.

This can disable the windows from rolling up manually in some cases as the roof control unit doesnt know what position the roof is in as well as affect the windows from rolling up once the top is secured.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete