MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

I have a 1999 Mercedes sl500. Engine turns over but no

Customer Question

I have a 1999 Mercedes sl500. Engine turns over but no start . There seems to be no spark or fuel pressure. I have compression. Scan tool recovered no codes. I read that the crankshafts sensor can cause this problem. That did not fix my problem. Did not change out ecm yet. Am trying to repair my self but I don't want to blow money guessing . Any help please
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** stated that there seems to be no spark or fuel pressure. Have you actually tested for spark and tested the fuel pressure?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I held one of the spark plug wires close to chassis . No spark. I also press the valve in on the fuel rail. Gas sip out . No pressure. Could not here fuel pump running.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

You may not be getting power to the ECM. Check the fuses in the base module located in the module box under the hood on the passenger side. Check for any blown fuses and see if all of them have 12V with the key on. Also test for voltage to the ignition coils with the key on.

Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a voltage present at coils with ignition on. Will check what you said in the control box next.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, just checking in with you on the Mercedes. What did you find so far?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I, m out off town It will be Thursday 12/3/15 before I can make those checks. Thanks
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the update. I'll wait to hear from you.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I did get 12 volts across all 3 fuses in the control box with ignition on
Expert:  Marty replied 12 months ago.

Do you have the red and green lights in the interior rear view mirror on this car?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Do not see red and green lights in mirror. It appears to be what looks like a sensor in the right corner. Three control buttons on the bottom left of mirror