EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master certified L1, L2, Diesel Certified 16 years experience
34559540

I OWN A 2004 S500. YESTERDAY I HOOKED UP A NEW BATTERY WITH

Customer Question

HI: I OWN A 2004 S500. YESTERDAY I HOOKED UP A NEW BATTERY WITH BOOSTER CABLES OUTSIDE THE VEHICLE IN REVERSE ORDER. NOW WHEN I ATTACH THE CABLES PROPERLY THE LIGHTS COME ON THE DASH, THE ENGINE CRANKS BUT WILL NOT START. WHAT SHOULD I DO SHORT OF TOWING IT TO A DEALER? THANKS
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. The first thing you should do is to check all the fuses for any that are blown. If you find some blown that will be best case scenario. Otherwise, you are correct that you will need to tow it to a garage for electrical diagnosis to be performed. And hopefully the engines computer was not damaged from the reverse voltage.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI: I DID NOT RECEIVE A REPLY TO MY QUESTION PROMPTLY AND THOUGHT I HAD CANCELLED AND ENDED MY ACCOUNT OVER 2 HOURS AGO, AND THEN I JUST RECEIVED A RESPONSE FROM YOU A FEW MINUTES AGO. MY QUESTION HAS BEEN ANSWERED MY A MERCEDES DEALERSHIP ALREADY. HOW DO I CANCEL MY ACCOUNT. THANKS. ROD AVISON
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
CAN YOU PLEASE CANCEL ACCOUNT ASAP AND CONFIRM THIS BY SENDING ME AN EMAIL. THANKS ROD AVISON