Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Key turns to the on postion lall dash light work car won't

Customer Question

Key turns to the on postion lall dash light work car won't start clk500 2006
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** fuse 52 in the fuse box under the hood on the driver's side. If the fuse is blown you simply have a bad starter. If the fuse is good you will need to test for voltage to the fuse when the key is turned to the start position. If there is 12V going to the fuse you still have a bad starter. If there is no voltage going to the fuse there is a fault in the start authorization system, possibly with the neutral safety switch in the transmission or the gearshift assembly. Even though the key turns you should test the battery to be sure it is not weak.

Let me know if you have any questions. Please rate my service so the website credits me for my work.

Marty