Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I have a 2007 E350 Mercedes/sports package 73000 miles.

Customer Question

I have a 2007 E350 Mercedes/sports package 73000 miles. Vehicle was services and checked last month . Today after less that*****the engine check light came on. I don't know what to do. Should I drive the car and don't worry or take it to a foreign car dealer or take it to the Mercedes dealership.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, the check engine light simply means that an emission related item is malfunctioning. Most of the time the malfunction has no affect on the operation of the engine. As long as your car is running normally you can continue to drive the car and get it to the service center as soon as possible. An independent Mercedes specialist should be able to repair the problem. If the independent shop is not able to figure out the problem you should take the car to the Mercedes dealer.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty