Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

How do I install an idler pulley on a slk 230 1998. The old

Customer Question

how do I install an idler pulley on a slk(###) ###-#### ***** old pulley came off while driving.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, there is a plastic cap that covers the nut that holds the idler pulley to the belt tensioner. Remove the plastic cap and then remove the retaining nut. The remaining part of the pulley will slide off the stud. I've attached instructions for replacing the tensioner below. Let me know if you have any questions.

Please remember to click on a rating for my service.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do we change supercharger belt on 1998 slk 23 compressor? Please give instructions and diagrams.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Please note that you must click on a rating for my service or I do not receive credit for my help. I've attached the instructions below.

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm just following up with you on the Mercedes. I provided you with all of the information that you requested but you have not rated my service. I clearly explained to you that if you do not rate my service I do not get paid by the website. Please reply back to me and let me know if you are satisfied with my help so that I can receive credit for helping you.

Marty