Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Hard start problem 380sl replaced fule pump and accumulator

Customer Question

hard start problem 380sl replaced fule pump and accumulator in 2001 new fuel injectors in 2003 another fuel accumulator and a fuel distributer in 2012 only used car for 4000 miles over this period and now have a hard start problem again fuel pressure is not holding local tech thinks the injectors could have gone bad for lack of use and wants to replace them since the are 14 years old and may be leaking car runs great just a hot start problem should I replace injectors/
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will the fuel injectors cause a hard start problem on the SL and they will rarely cause loss of fuel pressure. Loss of fuel pressure is usually going to be caused by a bad accumulator, fuel pump check valve or fuel pressure regulator in the fuel distributor. Hard cold starts are usually caused by a bad warm up regulator. I doubt that replacing the injectors will solve anything.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Please don't forget to rate my service if you have no further questions.

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm just following up with you on the Mercedes. Do you need anymore help with this? Was my answer helpful?