FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE DIESEL/AUTOMOTIVE
1627031

2010 e350. Always starts without incident. Tried to start,

Customer Question

2010 e350. Always starts without incident. Tried to start, engin turned over briefly and dies. Tried to restart but only starter turns, no engine turnover. Starter just whirs and whirs.
Thoughts?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. If the engine is not turning over, but you can hear the starter spinning then the starter armature is bad. The starter gear is not engaging. It can be a flywheel issue, but that is not as common. If the starter is not actually turning or cranking the engine then you may have an issue with the battery or the connection at the battery. If you plan onm trying to fix this yourself I would remove the battery cables and clean them and see if that helps. Please let me know if you need more help.