MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

2010 Winnebago via Mercedes chassis sprinter.parkink brake

Customer Question

2010 Winnebago via Mercedes chassis sprinter.parkink brake is off. Brake chime and light are on. Last eight of Vin A9443837.brake handle switch 2 connectors, are connected.Have not checked continuity on brake switch .What do you think my options are?
Submitted: 1 year ago via Mitchell1DIY.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Is this the brake warning lamp that says "Brake" that is on?

Have you had any brake issues at all recently?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No brake issues.Rv parked all summer with parking brake on when p/brake is retracted the brake chime annunciator and dash parking brake light is on. Lifting the p/brake handle 1inch silences chime but brake light is on.Retracting the p/brake extinguishes the light but chime starts again. At first glance on p/b issue, One lead on the brake switch was disconnected for some odd reason. Reconnected lead but problem still same. What if I disconnected both terminals at,p/b switch.Should I check switch for continuity?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me the color of the wires at this switch so I can see if my info matches up.This is a Mercedes chassis but sometimes when converted to motorhome some things can be different.

Let me know,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a wiring diagram. Looks like Brn and white. I am not currently at the Rv. Few minutes away. Do you know what color and position the chime relay is. I think it's at the left kick panel in frt. of door under dash
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,unfortunately after looking at my diagram info on this here I dont have the diagrams that match so I dont want to lead you down the wrong path on this.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete