Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs.
7276279

I had a disastrous experience with my shop (no longer my

Customer Question

Hello Michael,I had a disastrous experience with my shop (no longer my shop). I was leaving for vacation and I asked the techs to repair the failed sunroof. They did nothing over 2 weeks. I will fix the sunroof myself.The car is an '87 300SDL. I need to install a plastic sliding guide inside the sunroof opening. Unlike the 124 chassis, the 126 rails do not attach with fasteners. They snap into place and that is the difficulty
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The shop techs installed 1 guide rail and broke the other. I am certain the techs did not remove the headliner and lower the sunroof frame.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Due the age of the car information on the sun roof repair is very scares but I have located a service bulletin released by Mercedes year back for the repair of the sun roof. I have enclosed it in the link below, the steps are clear but unfortunately the picture are not the best quality. Hopefully this will help you with this repair. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view the link.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/sun%20roof%20Nov%2030.pdf