Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.
77147243

My 2003 c240 has hesitation at take off and if i press hard

Customer Question

my 2003 c240 has hesitation at take off and if i press hard on the accelartor it billows white smoke
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is no knocking sounds it is sluggish upon take off but say you are on hwy set the cruise to 70 no smoke or anything then it says 1 quart low engine shut down
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Clayso replied 1 year ago.

Hi There, I'm Clay a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.

From your description most likely the Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) is sucking oil into the intake. With engine idling, check for excessive crankcase vacuum or pressure on dipstick tube or at oil filler cap. If oil level is correct, inspect PCV breather hoses and connections on cylinder head to verify no collapsed or blocked hoses. Remove the upper PCV covers that are on top of the valve covers. Inspect for blocked passages. Remove valve covers and inspect for sludge restriction in Positive Crankcase Valve (PCV) breather baffle in valve cover. Clean the valve cover. You should also remove the spark plugs and make sure they are not oil fouled, replace as necessary. Bosch...... DPER or DPP332 Plug gap 0.8mm

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions or run into any problems let me know.

Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you.
Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Expert:  Clayso replied 1 year ago.

Hi There, This is Clayso, I spoke with you on the phone concerning your "69 Chevy. I figured since I knew about the Benz I should answer this question for you. I'm a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.

Thanks.