Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

My name is ***** *****. I bought a l560 1988 with 66,000. It

Customer Question

Customer: Hi.My name is ***** *****. I bought a l560 1988 with 66,000. It drives beautiful. I just fixed the original mags looking brand new. I'm replacing the carpets and seat covers. The just installed a new black rag top. It is too nosy. Can I fix that?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: New rag top is to nosy.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercedes Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is*****'m not sure what you mean when you say the top is nosy. I'm assuming you mean that it is noisy when you drive on the road. If that is correct I would suggest that you replace all of the rubber seals for the convertible top and have the side windows adjusted so they fit perfectly into the seals. There are also two nylon bushings that go around the openings for the front roof locks. If those seals are missing you should install new seals there.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty