Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs.
7276279

2005 E320 CDI crank,no start. Fuel rail pressure builds to

Customer Question

2005 E320 CDI crank,no start. Fuel rail pressure builds to "running Pressure" but decreases with continued cranking.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The fuel pressure problem you are discribing can be caused by and of the following

• Low Fuel
  • Fuel Viscosity — Incorrect fuel viscosity caused by improper fuelblending.
  • Leaking Injectors
  • Incorrect Powertrain Control Module (PCM) Software —Powertrain Control Module (PCM) incorrectly programmed.
  • Malfunctioning Pressure Control Valve — Faulty pressure control valve Y74.
  • Quantity Control Valve — Faulty quantity control valve Y94.

In order to determine the cause you are going to need to do some testing, I have enclosed the steps in the link below, copy and paste the steps to your browser to open and view them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Fuel%20pressure%20Nov%2024.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks anyway, I am in process of pulling high pressure fuel pump to inspect drive, and probably replace pump.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay, hopefully that will resolve the problem. Best of luck to your. Thank you as well.