MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

We have a 2012GLK 350 which we have had a year. This morning

Customer Question

We have a 2012GLK 350 which we have had for about a year. This morning the hatchback wouldn't open either with the control or manually. It makes some noises and then sounds like it is relatching again. This morning was well below freezing and my wife used
the rear window washer on the way to the store. Any ideas?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello. It sounds to me like the latch may be faulty. Have you opened it manually with the emergency release to see if it opens manually ? When I say manually I mean using the emergency release not simply using the hatch handle. There is a difference.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is the manual release and how do I use it? Also, if I do get it open is it likely I won't be able to get it closed again if the latch is defective?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where can I find the emergency release and do you think I can get it closed again if I open It?

Hello sorry for the delay. Climb into the hatch area and there should be a little plastic cap near the bottom center you pop that cap and press the release and it should relatch again