Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I recently got a mercedes c200 1997 .the car had been parked

Customer Question

I recently got a mercedes c200 1997 .the car had been parked under a tree for 3 months .After jump starting the car I discovered I had to replace the coils. I have also replaced battery. The car runs fine except the blower fan doesnt work and the instrument panel works occasionally. Should the computer be reset or if I took it to a mercedes sevice centre they could diagnose the problem s
Regards
Timmy
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi Timmy, my name is***** of these items require a reset. If the blower motor will not function I suspect the blower motor is seized. If the instrument cluster goes out I suspect the cluster will need to be replaced. Both are very common failures on the C class. You will need to get the car to a Mercedes specialist to test the power and ground to both items. If the power and ground is good they will need to be replaced.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm just following up with you on the Mercedes. Was my answer helpful?