Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I have a e430 4matic 2000 (no start condition. no grouns to

Customer Question

i have a e430 4matic 2000 (no start condition . no grouns to fuel pump when the key is on and start a milisecond only
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will not be an EIS problem. Low battery voltage or a bad starter motor will cause the starter to disengage after 1/10 of a second. First I would install a new battery. Next I would jump 12V directly to the starter solenoid and see if the starter works. If it does I would remove the starter and lubricate the teeth of the ring gear with a light coating of anti-seize paste. High resistance between the teeth of the starter bendix and the ring gear will cause the problem. The fuel pump does not run on this car unless you are cranking the motor or the motor is running. A bad K40 relay could also cause the problem. If you have not tried a new relay I would suggest that you do so.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm just following up with you on the Mercedes. Was my answer helpful?